Product added to cart
From sea to your wardrobe
The bleed Econyl® Swimwear
Sustainable ECONYL® Swimwear made out of recycled Fishing Nets
We come full circle with our ECONYL® products: the recyclable bleed sportswear and swimwear are made from rubbish and ocean plastic without compromising on the highest standards of functionality and sustainability. This fair, eco-friendly swimwear can do it all: diving from the 10-metre board, snorkelling in saltwater, riding the next wave or sunbathing by the lake. The material ECOYNL® is salt, chlorine and UV resistant whilst remaining soft and elastic. As well as being highly functional, ECONYL® has an important impact on the environment.
Discover our Econyl® stylesFor Women For Men
What is Econyl®?
The unique ECONYL® process, with production in Slovenia and Italy, was developed to extract high-quality yarn from nylon waste. Material is obtained by working together with different organisations, e.g. with volunteer divers in the Mediterranean, who gather so-called "ghost nets" out of the oceans. These nets, left in the sea by fishermen, are often kilometres long, and trap and suffocate marine animals within them. In addition, ECONYL® collect nylon 6 waste material from the carpet industry and other so-called post-consumer waste.
By doing so, a huge amount of crude oil can be saved and the process is far less energy-intensive than the production of virgin materials. Waste is also reduced and a part is played in cleaning up the seas. At the same time, a high-quality fabric is created which can be recycled again, and which is super soft on your skin and resistant to light and saltwater.
ECONYL® have also given themselves the task of making high quality, re-recyclable materials from regenerated materials, thereby closing the loop.
Discover our Econyl® stylesFor Women For Men
The Econyl® Cycle
1. Worldwide nylon waste rescue
ECONYL® collect old fishing nets worldwide and nylon 6 material off-cuts from the carpet industry.
2. The de-polymerisation process
The unique ECONYL® process sorts this material, cleans it and disassembles it into tiny individual pieces. This is eventually processed into pure granules.
3. Production of Econyl® yarn
From these, a high quality yarn is extruded. The yarn is then finished by adding the elastic textile material Xtra Life Lycra®. By adding Xtra Life Lycra®, this material also becomes particularly long-lasting, and salt and UV resistant.
4. Re-utilisation in new products
Our bleed products are created from the resulting fabric in a small production facility in Croatia.
Mix and Match
Mingle and redesign: Mix and Match is the name of the method with which you can create your own color combinations from different sets. This not only brings fun and versatility, but also uses the full potential of your wardrobe.
Hyphen — our production partner
In hypen GmbH of Munich, bleed have found exactly the right partner for the bleed Beach Collection. Founder and owner Peter Reinschmidt comes from surf sport, and, for 20 years, has been a leader in the development of functional clothing that meets the highest demands. With competence in the areas of conception, advice, design and sourcing, hyphen have guided our ideas for a water sport / beach collection until ready for production.
However, the deciding factor in choosing to work with hyphen, was not just their creativity and innovative ideas, but also the great value that hyphen place on the ecological sustainability of the entire manufacturing process and responsibility towards employees, to the same extent as bleed do. For Peter Reinschmidt, it is of significant importance to keep one's eye on everything and under control, and to manufacture fairly and transparently.
Our Econyl® Styles
- Seidla Beach Shorts Blue€59.90 €79.90
- Tree Beach Shorts Green€59.90 €79.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Pants Midwaist Blue€29.90 €44.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Pants Orange€29.90 €39.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Pants Blue€24.90 €39.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Reversible Pants Blue€37.40 €49.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Panty Black€34.12 €44.90
- Triangle ECONYL® Bikini Panty Dark Purple€34.12 €44.90
- Triangle Pants Bikini Blue€29.90 €44.90
- Bikini Pants Olive | Black€29.90 €44.90
- Bikini Pants Blue | Black€29.90 €44.90
- Triangle Bikini Pants Vintage Red€29.90 €44.90
- Bikini Pants Feathery€29.90 €44.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Panty Dark Purple€34.12 €44.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Top Grey€39.90 €54.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Top Grey | Peach€39.90 €54.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Pants Grey€34.90 €49.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Pants Grey | Peach€34.90 €49.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Reversible Top Petrol Blue€44.90 €64.90
- ECONYL® Bikini Reversible Pants Petrol Blue€44.90 €59.90
- ECONYL® Surf Top Grey | Peach€44.90 €59.90
- ECONYL® Midwaist Bikini Pants Petrol Blue | Grey | Peach€39.90 €54.90
- ECONYL® Swimsuit Petrol Blue | Grey€74.90 €99.90
- ECONYL® Swimsuit Grey | Peach | Petrol Blue€74.90 €99.90